3CX DroidDesktop User Guide
3CX DroidDesktop (formerly Remote Web Desktop) is one of the best web desktop apps for Android devices and has been listed in the top 10 hottest apps on AppBrain. It provides the easiest way to remotely manage and control your Android smartphone or tablet in web browser and supports 3G/Wi-Fi/USB connections.
- Web SMS: send, read and manage messages in your browser. 3CX DroidDesktop supports long SMS, mass-messages and fake SMS.
- File Explorer: Easily manage SD card files and transfer files between your Android device and your computer. Supports multiple uploads by drag-and-drop (works with browsers that are HTML 5 compatible), image viewer, media player, etc.
- FTP Server: Provide a high speed channel to transfer files between your device and computer. You can manage SD card files in Windows File Explorer, browser or FTP client.
- Remote Control: Remotely control your Android via your computer. This feature includes mouse and keyboard emulation.
- Wi-Fi Keyboard: You can type on your phone using your computer’s keyboard.
- Webcam: Turns your smartphone into a wireless camera. Works for Android 2.2+.
- Screen Capture: Capture phone screen from web (for rooted devices only).
- Shared Clipboard: Share clipboard text between your computer and phone.
- Wallpaper: Set phone wallpaper by uploading a picture or selecting an online picture by adding the URL of it.
- APK Web Installer: Backup apps to your SD card and install APK files through the File Explorer feature.
- Personal Web Server: Serve your personal web pages via your phone.
- SSL HTTP: Provides 512 bits RSA encryption when sending and receiving data.
- Network Bridge: Support all internet connections (2G/3G/Wi-Fi), access your phone in any place.
- Many new features are coming soon…
Using 3CX DroidDesktop via a Wi-Fi Connection
- Connect to a WiFi network and then start the 3CX DroidDesktop app on your Android device
- Once Droid Desktop has started, type the password that you want in the “Password” field in order to be able to login securely, and type the port on which you want the service to run(or leave it at the default one which is 8999).
- Tap the “Start Server” Button and wait until the server connects. Once it connects it will provide you with an IP address in a line above the “Start Server” button – outlined in red in the screenshot used as an example
- Open a web browser on your PC and type in the IP adress that was shown above the “Start Server” button on your Android device. After you hit enter you will be taken to the log in page for 3CX DroidDesktop. Type the same password that you typed in the “Password:” field of your mobile device and click ok.
- Congratulations, you are now logged in to to your 3CX DroidDesktop and can begin using all of it’s advanced features
Using 3CX DroidDesktop through a USB Connection
Please refer to the following links for details:
USB Connection Guide for 3CX DroidDesktop (Windows)
USB Connection Guide for 3CX DroidDesktop (Mac & Linux)
Wi-Fi Keyboard Guide
Use Webcam with Videochat Apps