In the email configuration ‘how to’ guide we discussed how to add an email account to Android devices with use of 3CX Mobile Device Manager.
Next we shall discuss how to add Exchange accounts. The Aquamail client is also required to configure Exchange accounts to Android devices and the installation request may be automated on new devices according to the steps found here.
Add Exchange Account
Configure an Exchange account according to the instructions below:
- Login to the 3CX MDM Portal.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices’ node and select a device.
- Click the ‘Exchange’ tab.
- Click ‘Add Account’.
5. You shall be prompted to fill in the below details:
- Description: Enter account description
- Server: Enter Exchange server IP/ FQDN
- Email Address: Enter Exchange account
- Domain: Enter Exchange server domain
- Username, Password: Enter Exchange account username and password
- SSL: Enable is SSL is required
6. Click ‘Add’ to add the account.
The Exchange account will now be pushed out to the AquaMail client on your device and Exchange account automatically configured.
Remove Exchange account
In the occasion that the Exchange account is to be removed from this device, using 3CX Mobile Device Manager all related data such as downloaded attachments and account information shall also be remove according to the next steps:
- Go to the ‘Devices’ node.
- Select a device.
- Click ‘Exchange’ tab.
- Select the Exchange account.
- Click ‘Delete’.
Further confirm the deletion and the ‘Push’ notification dialogue window shall appear to confirm the Exchange account removal request was successfully sent to the selected device.
In addition,the 3CX Mobile Device Manager remote control feature may be used to confirm the account was successfully removed according to the process found here.