The Aquamail client is required to configure Exchange accounts to Android devices and the installation request may be automated on new devices according to the steps found here.
Add Exchange Account
Configure an Exchange account according to the instructions below:
- Login to the 3CX MDM Portal.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices’ node and select a device.
- Click the ‘Exchange’ tab.
- Click ‘Add Account’.
5. You shall be prompted to fill in the below details:
- Description: Enter account description
- Server: Enter Exchange server IP/ FQDN
- Email Address: Enter Exchange account
- Domain: Enter Exchange server domain
- Username, Password: Enter Exchange account username and password
- SSL: Enable if SSL if required
6. Click ‘Add’ to add the account.
The Exchange account will now be pushed out to the AquaMail client on your device and Exchange account automatically configured.
Adding Exchange Account through Group Policies
Alternatively, this process may be automated using the ‘Default’ group policy. Newly connected devices are automatically added to this group policy and configured Exchange accounts pushed out to these devices.
To add an Exchange account to the default Group Policy, follow the next steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Group Policies’ node
- Select a group policy
- Click the ‘Exchange’ tab
- Click ‘Add Account’
Moreover, once a device is assigned to a different group policy, the ‘Default’ group Exchange accounts shall automatically be removed from that device and Exchange accounts from the new group instantly applied.
Remove an Exchange account according to the steps found here.