You have just enrolled your iPhone or iPad with a 3CX Mobile Device Manager Account to take advantage of the newly updated 3CX MDM client app. Following this, your iOS device is now displaying two 3CX MDM Applications, both the old app (6.3.45 or below) which was previously installed and new app (7.1.52) which has just been added.
The older Client is no longer needed. Let us walk through identifying and removing the unnecessary client from your device.
Identify the New 3CX MDM Client App
The first step is to identify which of the two 3CX MDM apps needs to be removed.
- Locate both clients side by side.
- The old client is displayed as ’3CX MDM’, the new client ’3CX MDM…’ (take note of the extra …)
To validate ’3CX MDM…’ is the new client, tap the app and confirm the 3CX MDM version is listed as ’7.1.52′.
Remove the Old 3CX MDM Client App
Now that we have confirmed the identity of the new 3CX MDM client app, we may proceed to remove the old app according to the instructions below.
- Locate the old 3CX MDM icon on your iPhone screen and then press and hold for 3 seconds.
- The icon will start vibrating and a small x will appear on its upper left corner (as shown above).
- Tap the x button. A warning message will appear informing you that ‘Deleting 3CX MDM will also delete all of its data’. Press the ‘Delete’ button to confirm the removal of the agent from your iPhone.
You have now successfully identified and removed the old 3CX MDM client app!